The American Civil Liberties Union of Alaska seeks a Donors Relations Manager who is dynamic, mission-driven, and committed to advancing the civil rights and liberties of the people of Alaska. This position will be responsible for growing the ACLU of Alaska’s mid and community level donor portfolio, and work closely with the Development team to create a Community Centered Fundraising development strategy. The Donor Relations Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Development.
- Manage mid-level and prospect donor portfolio
- Manage a portfolio of 75–100 mid-level donors and prospects.
- Create comprehensive donor cultivation, solicitation, and retention strategies, including developing financial goals.
- Identify major donor prospects and create individual donor strategies, including direct engagement with donors and prospects.
- Assist in crafting and implementing donor outreach strategies.
- Track portfolio activity, communication, progress and create reports as required.
- Maintain and update Salesforce donor database and other donor data reporting tools.
- Staff donor call time with the Strategic Development Director and Executive Director.
- Re-establish contact with lapsed donors and former board members.
- Provide support to senior staff in preparation for solicitation or stewardship opportunities.
- Pull reports and track interactions with donors to measure progress to set goals, including facilitating a 6-week portfolio review with development staff.
- Financial systems management
- Review and manage ACLU Revenue Reconciliation process.
- Work with the Operations Manager to coordinate bank deposits and other related financial tasks.
- Maintain financial and fraud prevention systems.
- Manage the ACLU of Alaska’s charitable gaming permit, including reports and relationships with pull-tab operators.
- Manage donor engagement opportunities
- Serve as primary point of contact for ACLU of Alaska low level donors.
- Maintain timely working knowledge of ACLU of Alaska and ACLU national programmatic priorities and issues to inform donor communications.
- Assist in planning and implementation of donor events.
- Assist in communicating to donors on ACLU issues and key organizational developments.
- Identify creative ideas for engagement with donors including new ways of communicating.
- Assist with grant application and management
- Identify new opportunities for funding for the ACLU of Alaska.
- Provide support on grant proposal development and reporting.
Work accommodations since the COVID-19 Pandemic
To ensure the safety of our employees, the ACLU of Alaska has implemented a hybrid return to work policy that relies on guidance from the CDC. When in the office, it is mandatory to have a vaccination record on file or request a medical or religious exemption. We may be able to accommodate remote work for a candidate not based in Anchorage, AK.
This is an exempt, full-time, at-will position. Salary is between $55,000-65,000 depending on experience and includes excellent benefits, including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with an employer-match, and generous vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
Commitment To Equity, Diversity, Belonging, and Inclusion
The ACLU of Alaska is an equitable opportunity employer. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer base with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission by creating an environment where all community members can thrive. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified persons, including people of color, immigrants, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community, those who have been formerly incarcerated, and members of other underrepresented groups.
The ACLU of Alaska does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to providing a work environment that practices equitable and inclusive treatment. We work diligently to prevent and address harassment or discrimination of any kind.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until March 26, 2023. Please email PDFs of your letter of interest, résumé, a professional writing sample, and the names and contact information of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Donor Relations Manager.”